The New Range is Open!
We are excited to announce the AGC Outdoor Range is OPEN and ready for use.
2015 Sight-In Days at The New AGC Range
Saturday and Sunday Oct 24th and 25th, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Range Update 10/11/15 by Janelle Roers
- Please remember this range is open to paid members and their guests ($5/guest) ONLY. Make sure to have your membership card with you when shooting. You may be asked to show your membership card by fellow AGC members. Attached is a photo of a couple members testing the range after installing the target holders today!
- Currently there are picnic tables for shooting from. There will be something more permanent either later this fall or next spring. Use extreme caution when shooting.... watch your muzzle. Target holders are at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards.
- The range is located 3 miles north of Carlos Creek Winery on County Road 34 on the east side of the road. Watch for the AGC Sign. You will travel approximately 1/3 of a mile down the trail until you see the range. Please sign in on the sheet in the shed and CLEAN up after yourself. Please respect the range area...We are very fortunate to be able to use this area for our range and can quickly lose it if problems arise.
- Thank you to ALL that put time and effort into making this a reality!!!
Fall Pistol Leagues are Forming Up
We'll be shooting at the Tech School Indoor Range. Here are the proposed dates:
- Wednesday October 7th | 6pm
- Tuesday October 13th | 6pm
- Wednesday October 21st | 6pm
- Tuesday October 27th | 6pm
*Please note two of these dates are Tuesdays and two are Wednesdays. Contact Janelle 320-760-7503
| If you own a gun, you
need a place to shoot. And if you live in Alexandria, MN the place to
shoot is at the Alexandria Gun Club! Located just a few minutes west of town,
our club offers 100 yards of shooting range with target holders at 25, 50, and
100 yard distances. Covered shooting benches protect you from the hot sun, wet
rain, and cold snow... Watch our winter video tour (right) to see the layout!
Membership Is Easy! Just $60 is all it costs for annual membership. There are no additional range fees for members and your membership entitles you to use the range 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM or Sunset (whichever is earlier). We are an NRA affiliated gun club, so you need to be an NRA member to join. Also, you need to be a good citizen - No criminal history. That's it!
How to Join Alexandria Gun Club - Contact Janelle Roers AGC Secretary and Membership Administrator, email@example.com by email or phone 320-760-7503. Fill out the Membership Application (pdf) and mail it in, then she'll send you a membership card and gate combination.
|This web page is sponsored independently by E. Arthur Brown Company and the Minnesota Carry Academy for the purpose of promoting membership in the Alexandria Gun Club. The official Alex Gun Club Officers are listed at right.||President - Rod Schultz, ph. 320-491-2911
Vice President - Rich Merten, ph. 320-762-0258
Secretary - Janelle Roers, ph. 320-760-7503
Treasurer - Dave Bartlow, ph. 320-846-3673
New! Club Sponsors
December 2012. PDF
Click to View
2015 MEMBERSHIP DUES - Attached is the Club Membership Renewal form. We need this form included with your check so we have a backup paper record that you have paid your annual dues. Remember this membership includes your spouse and any children living in your home 18 years of age or younger. If you are not able to open the attachments please be sure to let me know.
Click Here for Membership Renewal Form.
Club Secretary Janelle Roers
Please feel free to let me know if you have any concerns or would like something mentioned in a future emailing. Happy Hunting- Janelle Roers firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Many thanks to Janelle Roers for setting up a Facebook Page for the Alexandria Gun Club.
Take a look... Click
The Facebook page has been receiving alot of attention and updates with photos
from AGC Members participating in shooting events!
Brock Lesnar Shooting at Alex Gun ClubLast Summer, club president Rod Schultz got a call from Brock Lesnar and/or the Federal Cartridge company. Federal wanted to shoot some fun video of Brock shooting their ammo and needed a nice shooting range to look good on the video. Since Brock was training for a championship fight and his secret training camp was somewhere in the Garfield-Alexandria area, they naturally looked up the Alexandria Gun Club...
Rod dropped everything at work to open up our range for the occasion. They shot the video and we even got a nice snapshot photo of Rod and Brock that appeared in the August 2010 Newsletter. The video was supposed to appear on YouTube and I kept watching for it and now finally found it!
|Scott Berger, the guy in the red cap who is the Law Enforcement Coordinator gave us the tour. Very impressive facility. The Tour included the Armory, Gym, where tactical training is held. Shooting Range (automated) ten shooting stations with state of the art ventilation system, and can accommodate 22 long rifle up to 45cal. factory ammo. Anything that can be fired out of a pistol. The range is rated up to 50cal. rounds, but are not allowed due to damage they cause to the back stop. A High Tech. communications center is in the works. The new building also has a huge area used for tactical training with fake building fronts, multi-level stairs, and crawl spaces for the bad guys to hide in, to provide realistic situational training for the law Enforcement students. While all this is taking place, the instructors get a birds eye view from an elevated cat-walk system to observe them while training. - Dave Fitzgerald, Club Secretary|